The oldest Medical School in Ukraine. In 2005, the University celebrated its 200th anniversary, its history dates back to 1805, when it was founded Kharkov Imperial University.
In the public rankings of higher education institutions of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, Kharkiv National Medical University is among the top five institutions.
Accreditation level: 4
The Degree of the KNMU(MBBS, BDS, MD, MDS, MS, NURSING) is recognized in many countries of the world.
• 7,000 Students, interns, masters, medical residents, graduate students doctoral students, including more than 2,000 students from 72 countries.
• 236 associate professors
• 445 candidates
Skill levels: junior specialist, bachelor, specialist, master.
• 1st and 2nd Faculty of Medicine – General Medicine
• 3rd Faculty of Medicine - Pediatrics ;
• preventive medicine ;
• Laboratory Diagnostics ;
• Nursing .
• 4th Medical School
• Faculty of Dentistry
• Faculty on training foreign students
• Faculty of Postgraduate Studies, which graduated doctors for the educational level of "specialist" with specialties "Medicine", "Pediatrics", "medical prophylaxis", "Dental", Department of Advanced Studies, which provides continuous skill development for all medical profession.
In Kharkiv National Medical University operate 65 departments whose composition includes 803 scientific and pedagogical workers, among them medical doctors, professors - 130, MD, PhD, associate professors - 446.
Human resources of Kharkiv National Medical University:
• 5 corresponding members of AMS of Ukraine ,
• 17 Honored Scientists of Ukraine ,
• 2 Honored Workers of Higher School of Ukraine,
• 13 distinguished doctors of Ukraine,
• 8 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology
• 28 academicians of public academies of Ukraine
• 28 employees - members of the International Medical Association .
In Kharkiv National Medical University established and successfully running 6 training of scientific and industrial organizations :
• " Obstetrics and Gynecology "
• " Medical Genetics "
• " Medical Radiology "
• " Therapy "
• " Urology "
• " Surgery "
There are the following specialties for foreign students:
• General Medicine ( the period of study is 6 years).
• Stomatology, ( the period of study is 5 years).
Languages of instruction: Russian, Ukrainian, English. There are 8-10 persons in each academic group.
The graduates are awarded a Diploma of Specialist and qualified as Physicians with the title of “Doctor of Medicine” in General Medicine or Stomatologists with the title of “Doctor of Medicine” in Stomatology.
KNMU has a hostel system with fully furnished rooms and surrounded with recreation center.
The International Office provides a guarantee of accommodation placement services to all international students who receive an academic offer.
All rooms in hostels have the internet.
Each room can accommodate 2 or 3 students.
All rooms are equipped with bed, mattress, chairs, heating, pillow, blanket, desk, water system and lighting.
We welcome you to study in Kharkiv National Medical University.